Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Robocall Story Gets Better

So, news broke today that we finally know the name of the person responsible for the Guelph phonecalls directing voters to the wrong polls during the last federal election. I swear I am not making this up, but the name released is "Pierre Poutine" . Really?! Pierre Poutine?! That sounds like a name that Bart Simpson would give to Moe when prank calling or something. Very offensive codename if you ask me.

In other (and perhaps less shocking news) the calls have been linked to the Conservative party. Apparently, Bell Canada released records that show someone from the local Conservative candidate's campaign called RackNine (the call center responsible for Robocalls) 30+ times. However strangely, the CEO of RackNine claims that they were not working with the candidate's campaign. I smell electoral fraud....


Who knew that Stephen Harper was not only a bully, but a cheater too! Bob Rae says it best:
"The Conservatives have one mode of operation and that is attack. They will never slow down and say 'I’m sorry' or 'you’ve made a good point', or 'I appreciate what you have to say, whatever it may be.' It’s attack, attack, attack."

And people say Canadian politics is boring. I'll take this story over the US Primaries any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment